TRAVELODGE APPOINTS DONER CARDWELL HAWKINS TO LEAD 2006 MARKETING
11th Nov 2005
Travelodge has today appointed Doner Cardwell Hawkins to spearhead its £4 million advertising campaign for 2006. The agency will start work on a new multi-media campaign commencing in January of next year.
Travelodge's Sales and Marketing Director, Guy Parsons, said, "We are very pleased that DCH are now on board. We are looking forward to working with them on a campaign that will communicate our unmatchable prices and further establish us as the leading low-cost hotel brand.
We will be looking at all media channels as part of this campaign but a major thrust will be building our online reservations. We are currently leading the industry with 65% of bookings made via the web but we would like to further increase that to at least 80%."
DCH's Managing Director, Andrew Hawkins, said "This is a fantastic win. It's great to be working with a brand that has a real point of difference and an ambitious client that has a clear vision of how to revolutionise the hotel business. As the leading UK, budget hotel brand, this is the perfect addition to our strong retail and travel credentials."
The new advertising campaign will follow Travelodge's hugely successful, Christmas 'Tennertastic' promotion. The company is offering 135,000 rooms at just ten pounds from December 17th to January 8th 2006.
- ends -
Notes to editors
For more information:
Travelodge: Greg Dawson, 0121 521 6644
DCH: Andrew Hawkins, Managing Director 020 7734 0511
· As the first budget hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985, Travelodge currently has approximately 285 sites across the UK with the majority in city centres, near attractions and airports
· Travelodge is to increase its portfolio of budget hotels to 400 by adding 2,500 new rooms each year for the next 6 years
· Over six million people stay with Travelodge every year
· The latest BDRC British Hotel Guest Survey (February 2005) named Travelodge as the joint number one hotel brand in the UK (with Hilton) and the number one budget brand
· Travelodge offers double, family and disabled access rooms. A family room can accommodate two adults and two children under 16. All rooms are en-suite, with luxury king size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities