TRAVELODGE OPENS HOTEL IN WALSALL
22nd May 2006
Travelodge today announced its latest acquisition as part of its ambitious expansion strategy with the opening of Birmingham Walsall Travelodge.
Working with the hotel's owners, Prince Hotels, Travelodge has taken a 25 year lease on the building which previously housed the Birmingham North Quality Inn hotel. This week, without any disruption to customers, the 96-bed hotel will be transformed into Birmingham Walsall Travelodge.
Close to the National Exhibition Centre and National Indoor Arena, Birmingham Walsall Travelodge offers a great deal to visitors with an appetite for live entertainment and special events. Easily accessible from junctions 7 and 9 on the M6 and only 30 minutes from Birmingham's bustling city centre, the area is also an ideal destination for tourists and business travellers.
Ben Roberts, Development Director, Travelodge said: "Our highly competitive pricing structure and business model will enable us to make this hotel a success. We are the only UK budget hotel operator to have such an aggressive expansion programme and this move has increased the number of Birmingham Travelodge rooms to 618 - we've added 196 of these rooms in the last two months alone."
In line with Travelodge policy, all the rooms at Birmingham Walsall Travelodge (previously Birmingham North Quality Inn) will have non- essential and supplementary items such as hairdryers and unnecessary bathroom toiletries removed. A new low-cost pricing policy has also been introduced, meaning Travelodge will offer rooms from as little as £26 per room, per night.
Walsall Travelodge will offer a choice of double, twin, family or disabled-access rooms, offering en-suite bathrooms, luxury beds, colour television and free tea and coffee making facilities.
Additionally, the new hotel will feature a Bar Café, providing light meals and a licensed bar. Travelodge will also continue to offer the meeting room space previously available at the Birmingham North Quality Inn.
For more information, please contact:
01844 358 703
Note to Editor:
- As the first budget hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985, Travelodge currently has 293 sites across the UK in city centres, near attractions and airports.
- The latest BDRC British Hotel Guest Survey (February 2005) named Travelodge as the joint number one hotel brand in the UK (with Hilton) and the number one budget brand.
- Having added 2,500 rooms to the Travelodge estate in 2005, Travelodge plans to add 2,750 rooms in 2006 and 3,000 in 2007, bringing the total number of Travelodge rooms to over 20,000.
- Walsall Travelodge is the latest addition to Travelodge's Birmingham hotel locations already open including: Birmingham Central, Fort Dunlop, Yardley, Sutton Coldfield, Oldbury, Dudley, Frankley M5 Southbound and Hilton Park M6 Southbound.
- Travelodge launched a new pricing strategy on 1 December 2005, delivering 1,000,000 £15 and £26 rooms, and further price cuts on thousands of standard rates for 2006. The strategy produced three new, simple price bands - Supersaver (£15 room - available online), Saver (£26 room - available online) and Flexible (online or by calling the Reservation Centre on 08700 850 950).