DON’T BE SHATTERED! £5 WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP
12th Jan 2004
Travelodge the UK’s largest lodge brand, has condemned Channel 4’s latest programme Shattered for keeping people awake and in response is making it easier for the nation to get a good night’s sleep by offering rooms at all of its 240 lodges in the UK and Ireland* for £5 till 18th January 2004.
Simon Gregory sales & marketing director says: “ We are in the business of providing our customers with a good night’s sleep in order for them to perform to their best the following day. The current TV program Shattered is immoral - Everyone knows without sleep your body cannot function properly you are depriving the brain and heart of resting which can result in death – How can this be entertainment?”
“It is our aim to ensure all of our guests have a good night’s sleep, the one major luxury you miss when away from home is your bed, which is why we pride ourselves on providing the most comfortable bed on the market the Hypnos bed – which the Queen also uses. Listed below are our tips for a good night sleep”
Tips for a good night’s sleep
Try to get 8 hours of sleep every night, think of sleep as a beauty/health treatment
Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol
Visit the loo before getting into bed
A warm bath or reading makes it easier to fall asleep
Invest in a good comfortable bed
Make your bedding as comfortable as possible – use a duvet instead of itchy blankets
Ensure your bedroom is not too hot or cold – monitor the temperature
£5 rooms can only be booked at www.travelodge.co.uk/fiverfrenzy by 18th January 2004. All rooms are ensuite, with luxury king size bed, colour TV and tea and coffee making facilities.
For further information please contact:
Direct Line 0207 331 5400
Direct Line: 0121 521 6638
Mobile: 07802 702 499
Travelodge Press Office Cohn & Wolfe – 0207 331 5400
Notes to Editors
· This offer is only available to book via the website at www.travelodge.co.uk/fiverfrenzy
· *Equivalent price per room in Ireland is 8 Euro.
· Book between midnight Friday 2 January 2004 and midnight Sunday 18 January 2004 for stays until 31st March 2004.
· Fiver frenzy promotional bookings must be booked at least six days in advance of stay.
· £5 rates are non-commissionable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount scheme.
· Cancellation is non-refundable.
· Family rooms can sleep up to four people (two adults and two children, both under 16 years). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge currently has 240 locations throughout the UK and Ireland. These are conveniently located in most major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Visit www.travelodge.co.uk for further information on Travelodge