EXECUTIVE APPOINTMENT: TRAVELODGE APPOINTS NEW MARKETING SALES DIRECTOR
16th Jul 2007
Travelodge is pleased to announce the appointment of Daniel Heale as Marketing and Sales Director. Daniel joins the UK's fastest growing hotel company from Camelot Group PLC - operator of the UK National Lottery.
Daniel spent five and a half years with Camelot in a number of senior marketing roles, most recently as Head of Media and Marketing, responsible for the delivery of £4.2 billion in annual revenue across six National Lottery brands including Lotto and EuroMillions.
Daniel joins the Travelodge team with immediate effect and will be part of the Executive Management team, reporting to Travelodge's Chief Operating Officer, Guy Parsons. Daniel's remit will be directing Travelodges marketing, ecommerce and sales strategies.
Guy Parsons, Travelodge, Chief Operating Officer commented "We are delighted to have attracted a leading marketer from such a high profile brand to this role. Daniel's vast experience will help drive the highly acclaimed strong Travelodge brand into new segments of the consumer marketplace, enabling more people to stay in hotels than ever before and helping us to stay ahead of our competition".
Daniel Heale, Travelodge Marketing and Sales Director commented "I am very excited to be joining the UK's fastest growing hotel company and I look forward to the challenge of driving the Travelodge brand into the consumer heartland".
For further information, please contact:
Travelodge PR Manager
Direct Line: 01844 35 8638
Mobile: 07802 702 499
Notes to editor:
- Daniel previous roles include: Marketing Research Manager with Trinity Mirror, Sales Production Researcher with Carlton Television.
- Daniel will head an inhouse team of 16 people within the Marketing, Ecommerce and Sales teams at Travelodge.
- Current agencies retained by Travelodge include DCH, Media Edge, Sense, Corporate Edge and DSJ.
- Travelodge operates 318 hotels 20,000 rooms nine in Ireland, three in Spain and rest in the UK.
- Travelodge aims to be the biggest budget operator in London by the 2012 Olympics with over 7,000 rooms in the Capital.
- Eighty five percent of its bookings are now made online through its industry leading website.
- Travelodge became the first UK hotel company to launch Travel Insurance in April 2007.
- Travelodge was the first budget hotel brand to launch in UK in 1985.
- Travelodge employs over 5,000 staff.
- Travelodge is owned by DIC Dubai International Capital.