TRAVELODGE COMES TO LEATHERHEAD -Company Seeks 25 Staff - Recruitment Day Saturday 3rd April 2004
29th Mar 2004
Travelodge, UK’s only low-cost hotel chain, is delighted to announce the imminent opening of a 91-bedroom hotel at Leatherhead, High Street, creating 25 new jobs for local people and being the first low-cost hotel chain to open in the town.
Leatherhead is a prime area for both leisure and business travellers, and with its central location, high level of service and excellent value for money, the new Travelodge will provide a great value stopover for all types of guests and for local residents who have visiting family and friends, whilst creating new jobs within the community.
With all job vacancies to be filled before its official opening in May, Travelodge are inviting enthusiastic, motivated and committed people to come along to a recruitment day being held on Saturday 3rdApril at the Leatherhead Theatre, 7 Church Street. Positions include:
1 Assistant Lodge Manager
1 Housekeeper (approx)
5 reception staff (approx)
3 night duty staff
15 Guest room cleaners
The recruitment open day will start at 10.00am and finish around 2.00pm, and will be held in the theatre conference room. Epsom Job Centre are working with Travelodge’s Area Manager for the South East region, Heather Edwards, and Lodge Manager Julian Dawson to help recruit staff. Those with a keen interest in becoming part of the Travelodge team will be asked to fill in an application form and attend an informal interview on the day. Successful applicants will be invited back for a second interview.
Travelodge and Epsom Job Centre representatives will be on hand to answer questions and provide information to potential applicants.
Julian Dawson, Leatherhead Travelodge Manager, said: "Being situated in the heart of Leatherhead we offer an ideal location for both customers and staff. Travelodge offers a good range of employee benefits, and with a core part of our ethos being to ensure staff enjoy their work, we look forward to bringing the best team together to help us make the Leatherhead Travelodge a great success."
For further information on Travelodge visit www.travelodge.co.uk.
- ends -
For further information please contact:
Direct Line: 0121 521 6624
Notes to Editors:
For general information on the Travelodge recruitment day, telephone Travelodge Leatherhead Lodge manager Julian Dawson on 0773 608 9942
· Travelodge has over 240 locations throughout the UK and Ireland. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £25.00 per room, per night. (£25 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.