TRAVELODGE GIVES LEATHERHEAD ITS FIRST LOW-COST HOTEL - Room rate £25
20th May 2004
The new Leatherhead Travelodge has 91 bedrooms and is situated in the heart of the town centre on the High Street next door to the Swan Shopping centre. It has created 25 new jobs within the community. Room rates start form just £25, for a standard double, family or disabled which means a family can stay for as little as £6.25 each.
The opening was celebrated with a street party for the local residents, schools and businesses. Revellers were entertained by Kokalolly the children’s entertainer, a street magician named The Amazing Mr Woz and Asterix - a fire eating, juggling, unicyclist. A clairvoyant was also present to read the fortune of partygoers whilst local DJ Paul Gregory provided the dance music.
Leatherhead Travelodge started trading from Monday 17th May and has had one hundred per cent occupancy since opening. Leatherhead is a prime area for both leisure and business travellers, and with its central location, high level of service and excellent value for money, the new Travelodge will provide a great value stopover for all types of guests and for local residents who have visiting family and friends.
Julian Dawson, Leatherhead Travelodge Manager said: “We’re amazed with the fantastic response we have received today and are very excited about opening the first low-cost hotel within Leatherhead town centre. Feedback from local residents and businesses has been extremely encouraging, as the people from Leatherhead have been waiting a long time for a hotel within the town centre. We are looking forward to putting Leatherhead back on the map!”
All Travelodge rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
Street party photograph is attached with release. In the bed were The Chairman and Consort of Mole Valley District Council Cllr David Sharland and Mrs Sylvia Sharland surrounded by the street entertainers, staff from the Leatherhead Travelodge, John Howath, President of Leatherhead trade and commerce and local partygoers.
For further information please contact:
Mobile: 07802 702 499
Notes to Editor
- Travelodge has currently 241 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
- Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
- Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £25.00 per room, per night. (£25 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online).
- Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family room caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
- Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.