FIRST LOW-COST HOTEL OPENS IN HARROGATE - ROOM RATE ONLY £35 - GUESTS CAN HAVE A FREE TOUR OF HARROGATE IN BED WITHIN A MOBILE GLASS BOX BEDROOM
7th May 2004
46-bedroom hotel in the heart of Harrogate at The Ginnel. Bringing the only low-cost hotel to the area with room rates from just £35 per night for either a double or family room. A family room caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16, which is fantastic value for money at only £8.75 each.
All rooms have a luxury king size bed, en-suite bathroom, TV, pay-on-demand movie and internet service and free tea and coffee making facilities. A continental breakfast can be ordered and delivered to the room between 5am-7am at £4.45.
To celebrate the new opening, Travelodge is laying on a unique guided tour service - a Travelodge room on wheels will be touring the Harrogate area with lucky (or lazy!) guests in bed, and landmarks and areas of historical interest will be pointed out by a tour guide (see attached picture). The service will be offered free of charge on a first-come first- served basis for the next 2 weeks.
The Mayor and Mayoress of the Borough of Harrogate, Councillor Ian Galloway and Mrs Jean Galloway, were invited to have a tour of the new Travelodge, following which the Mayor said: ”We are delighted to welcome Travelodge to Harrogate, especially since our business and leisure markets are rapidly growing. There is a huge demand for good quality accommodation at a low cost and this new Travelodge will help more people to stay within Harrogate and enjoy all of the amenities the area has to offer.”
The mobile glass box bedroom is a novel way to see Harrogate and you don’t even have to get out of bed to enjoy what Harrogate has to offer”.
Alison Rigg, Harrogate Travelodge manager, said: “Harrogate is a prime area for both leisure and business travellers and for years visitors to the town have suffered extortionate hotel rates. By opening a Travelodge in the centre of Harrogate we’re solving the accommodation issue, by offering good quality accommodation at a low rate, whilst creating jobs for people in the area.”
For further information on Travelodge please visit www.travelodge.co.uk
For further information, please contact:
Shakila Ahmed Suzy Evans
PR Communications Manager Communications Executive
Direct Line: 0121 521 6638 Direct Line: 0121 521 6624
Mobile: 07802 702 499 email@example.com
Notes to Editor:
· Attached is a photograph of the Mayor and Mayoress of the Borough of
Harrogate (Councillor Ian Galloway and Mrs Jean Galloway) in the
Travelodge mobile glass box bedroom.
· Travelodge have just launched Busker Idol 2004, a competition to search for the nation’s most talented street performer. The winner will win a year’s accommodation at Covent Garden Travelodge. For further information visit www.travelodge.co.uk
· Travelodge currently has over 241 locations throughout the UK and
Ireland. These are conveniently located in most major city centres, motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and
also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Travelodge was the first UK low-cost hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· Harrogate Travelodge is still recruiting for a further 6 positions. For further details please contact the Travelodge directly on 0870 191 1737.