TRAVELODGE COMES TO BARROW IN FURNESS - To Celebrate, Local Residents Are Invited To A Party Where They Get The Chance To Win Cash!
30th Jul 2004
Travelodge, the UK’s No.1 low-cost hotel brand, will open in Barrow In Furness on 9th August 2004. The 40-bedroomed hotel, located on Walney Road, will offer room rates from just £25 per night for either a double or a family room.
To mark Barrow In Furness’s first low-cost hotel, Travelodge staff are holding a pre-opening party and are inviting local residents of all ages to come down to the hotel on Saturday 7th August between 12 and 4pm. Revellers can enjoy themselves on a bouncy castle, get their face painted, have a caricature of themselves drawn or have their fortune read by a clairvoyant as well as getting the chance to have a sneak preview of the hotel before it opens. Entertainment will be provided in the form of a balloon modeller, magician, and juggler and local DJ Mr Jefferson will be providing the dance music. Party food and drinks will also be provided and the first 25 lucky guests will get the chance to win cold hard cash in the Travelodge Grab-A-Grand booth!
Julie Stirzaker, Barrow In Furness Travelodge Manager, said: "Travelodge is very proud to be the first low-cost hotel in Barrow In Furness. To mark the occasion we thought a party would be a great way for us all to celebrate and we want as many local people as possible to come down, it has something for the whole family and should be a lot of fun!” It will also be a great way for us to meet some of the local residents and for them to have a look around our hotel before it opens.”
PHOTO-SHOOT AT 12.30 ON SATURDAY 7TH AUGUST - Meet Shakila Ahmed (tel. 07802 702 499) in reception of Travelodge Barrow in Furness. Please advise if you will be able to attend beforehand.
For further information, please contact:
Direct Line: 0121 521 6624
Notes to Editor:
· Travelodge currently has over 246 locations throughout the UK and
Ireland. These are conveniently located in most major city centres, motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and
also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Travelodge was the first UK low-cost hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £25.00 per room, per night. (£25 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand