TRAVELODGE OPENS ITS DOORS IN BARROW IN FURNESS - Room Rates From Just £25!
9th Aug 2004
Today, 9th August 2004, Travelodge became the first low-cost hotel chain to open in Barrow In Furness. Room rates at the 40-bedroomed hotel start from just £25 per night for either a double, disabled or family room – the latter caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16, which means a family can stay for as little as £6.25 each.
All rooms provide a comfortable setting with a luxury king size bed, en-suite bathroom, TV, pay-on-demand movie and internet service and free tea and coffee making facilities. A continental breakfast can be ordered and delivered to the room between 5am-7am at a cost of £4.45. Situated in the town centre, the new Travelodge has created 15 new jobs within the community.
The opening was celebrated with a massive party on Saturday 7th August for all local residents. Revellers enjoyed themselves on a bouncy castle, got their faces painted, had a caricature of themselves drawn or had their fortune read by a clairvoyant as well as getting the chance to have a sneak preview of the hotel before it opened. Entertainment was provided in the form of a balloon modeller, magician, and juggler and local DJ Darren Jefferson provided the dance music. The first 25 lucky guests to the party also got the chance to win cold hard cash in the Travelodge Grab-A-Grand booth and all won between £30 and £200 each!
Julie Stirzaker, Barrow In Furness Travelodge Manager, said: “Thousands of people turned up to the party to help us celebrate on Saturday and we were completely overwhelmed with the fantastic response we received. Travelodge are very proud to be the first low-cost hotel chain to open within the centre of Barrow. We provide a high-quality stopover at a low-cost, which is the smart choice for either business or leisure. Feedback from local residents and businesses has been extremely encouraging and occupancy rates for our first week of trading are looking very positive. We’re looking forward to putting Barrow In Furness on the map!”
Party photograph is attached with release. In the bed were local partygoers, staff from Barrow In Furness Travelodge and the entertainers.
For further information please contact:
Direct line: 0121 521 6624
Notes to Editor
· Travelodge has currently 246 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £25.00 per room, per night. (£25 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.