TRAVELODGE COMES TO BEDFORD - Company Seeks 14 Staff - Recruitment Day 21st September 2004
14th Sep 2004
Travelodge, the UK’s fastest growing hotel brand, is delighted to announce the imminent opening of a 51-bedroom hotel in Bedford at Saturn Heights, Brick Hill, creating 14 new jobs for local people.
Bedford is a prime area for both leisure and business travellers, and with its central location, high level of service and excellent value for money, the new Travelodge will provide a great value stopover for all types of guests and for local residents who have visiting family and friends, whilst creating new jobs within the community.
With all job vacancies to be filled before its official opening in December, Travelodge are inviting enthusiastic, motivated and committed people to come along to a recruitment day being held on 21st September in the Harper Suite on Harper Street, Bedford. Positions include:
3 Reception staff
3 Night duty staff
8 Guest room cleaners
The recruitment open day will start at 10am and finish at 4pm. Bedford Job Centre are working with Travelodge’s Area Manager for the East region, Jonathan Eves, and Craig Whittle, Bedford Travelodge Manager, to help recruit staff. Those with a keen interest in becoming part of the Travelodge team will be asked to fill in an application form and attend an informal interview on the day. Successful applicants will be invited back for a second interview.
Travelodge representatives will be on hand to answer questions and provide information to potential applicants.
Craig Whittle, Bedford Travelodge Manager, said: "Being situated in a central location in Bedford we will offer an ideal location for both customers and staff. Travelodge offers a good range of employee benefits, and with a core part of our ethos being to ensure staff enjoy their work, we look forward to bringing the best team together to help us make the Bedford Travelodge a great success."
For further information on Travelodge visit www.travelodge.co.uk.
- ends -
For further information please contact:
Shakila Ahmed Suzy Evans
PR Manager Communications Executive
Mobile: 07802 702 499 Direct Line: 0121 521 6624
Direct Line: 0121 521 6638 Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
For general information on the Travelodge recruitment day, telephone Craig Whittle on: 077360 89946.
· Travelodge has currently 248 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £25.00 per room, per night. (£25 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.