TRAVELODGE OFFERS COUPLES A FREE DIAMOND ANNIVERSARY BREAK
18th May 2012
TO MARK THE QUEEN’S JUBILEE
To mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, Britain’s first budget hotel chain, Travelodge is offering a free UK weekend break to all couples who are celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary this year.
Couples who got married in 1952, the year the Queen came to the throne can enjoy a complementary two night break including a traditional English breakfast* at any one of Travelodge’s 491 UK based hotels. They could check into:
· One of 15 grade ll listed Travelodge hotels - including the famous Victorian built Leamington Spa Travelodge hotel, where Queen Victoria once stayed in room 107 and used room 108 as a dressing room.
· One of 48 Travelodge London hotels over the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee weekend and be on the spot to watch all of the celebrations taking place for this grand royal occasion.
· Travelodge hotels near to famous castles such as Edinburgh, Cardiff and Windsor Castle – which is one of the official residences of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll. It’s also the largest and oldest occupied castle in the world.
· One of 31 coastal Travelodge hotels and enjoy a traditional British holiday at the seaside. Locations include: Eastbourne, Brighton. Blackpool, Torquay or Scarborough. (Some hotels are Victorian built and offer sea view rooms)
To qualify for the free diamond anniversary room offer couples need to register their details at: firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be asked to send proof of them being married for 60 years this year. Upon receipt of the requested information a free weekend break will be booked for the couple at a Travelodge hotel of their choice.
Shakila Ahmed, Travelodge Spokeswoman said: The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is only the second such Jubilee in Britain’s long history and is such a historic milestone in the life of the nation. We thought it would be fitting to celebrate this grand royal occasion by offering couples who got married in the Queen’s coronation year a free weekend break; so that they can celebrate their 60 years of marriage”.
“To give their diamond anniversary break a royal seal of approval couples can stay at the grade ll listed Leamington Spa Travelodge where Queen Victoria once stayed in room 107 and used room 108 as a dressing room.”
Queen Victoria first associated 60 years of marriage as a diamond wedding anniversary when she celebrated her 60th Jubilee as a Diamond Jubilee – it soon became fashionable with high society to celebrate this anniversary as a diamond anniversary.
The diamond anniversary couples can be sure of getting a good night’s sleep whilst staying with Travelodge as the hotel chain’s luxury beds come with a royal seal warrant by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll.
Notes to editors:
This offer is only open to British couples who are celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary this year
Couples must send proof of being married for 60 years
All room bookings must take place by 9th September 2011
Full terms and conditions will be sent to couples when they register
* The full English breakfast is only available at Travelodge hotels that have a Bar Café.