TRAVELODGE BECOMES FIRST LOW-COST HOTEL TO OPEN IN SOUTHEND ON SEA TOWN CENTRE - Local Performing Arts Students Spend A Week Entertaining Residents In Travelodge’s Glass Box Bedroom!
29th Nov 2004
Travelodge, the UK’s fastest growing hotel brand, has become the first low-cost hotel to open in the centre of Southend on Sea, bringing affordable, quality accommodation to one of the UK’s most popular tourist destinations in time for the Christmas holidays. Prices per room will start from as low as £25.
The 56-room hotel is located on Chichester Road, in close proximity to the Victoria Plaza Shopping Centre and in walking distance of Southend’s legendary Pier and sea. It’s central location and low-cost makes the new Travelodge the perfect base for every type of traveller, whether business or leisure.
To celebrate the opening, performing arts students from South East Essex College, Sally Burrett and Mark Lucraft, have been entertaining local residents by acting as guests while the mobile bedroom tours the area. Sally Burrett said: “We’re having great fun and attracting loads of attention from passers-by who don’t quite believe what they are seeing, it’s not everyday that a Travelodge bedroom on wheels drives past you!”
Gillian Nicholls, Travelodge Southend On Sea Manager, said: “Travelodge are very proud to be the first low-cost hotel chain to open within the centre of Southend. Finally affordable accommodation is available to some of our town’s 3 million annual visitors who until now have experienced high prices for central locations, when all they want is a good night’s sleep. Staying with Travelodge leaves you with more money to spend on doing fun stuff such as eating out, visiting theme parks or attractions, which is what being on holiday is all about.”
All Travelodge bedrooms offer a comfortable setting with a king size bed, en-suite bathroom with power shower, colour TV, free tea and coffee making facilities and an in-room entertainment system that offers pay on demand movies, telephone and Internet service. A breakfast bag service is available to all guests and can be delivered to their room between 7am to 9am; otherwise it can be purchased from reception at any time throughout the day. The breakfast bag costs £4.00 and contains fresh orange juice, cereal bar, muffin, fresh fruit and a takeaway tea/coffee.
To book a room just call 08700 850 950 or visit www.travelodge.co.uk.
For further information, please contact:
Direct Line: 0121 521 6624, Mobile: 077360 89541
Notes to Editor:
· Travelodge room prices start from £25 per room, per night (from £45 in central London) The £25 rate can only be booked on-line at www.travelodge.co.uk and cannot be booked by phone.
· Travelodge offers double, family, twin and disabled rooms. A family room caters for two adults and two children, both under 16 years. All rooms are en-suite, with luxury king size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge currently has 250 locations throughout the UK, located within most major city
· Travelodge was the first UK low-cost hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· Travelodge offers an on-line booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850950.