TRAVELODGE OPENS ITS DOORS IN BEDFORD - Room Rate From Just £25 - 2 local residents live in the Travelodge mobile bedroom all week as it travels the streets of Bedford!
6th Dec 2004
Travelodge, the UK’s fastest growing low-cost hotel brand, has opened a brand new 51-bedroom hotel in Bedford at Saturn Heights, Brick Hill. The new hotel will provide a great value stopover for all types of guests, business or leisure. It has opened just in time for local residents to take advantage of room rates from just £25 for visiting family and friends over the Christmas period.
Bedford Travelodge is situated close to the town centre and has good links to the A6, A1 and M1, making it a prime location for business travellers. In addition, it is located on the same site as the Saturn Facilities Business Centre, which houses a large number of serviced offices and an LA Fitness leisure centre. The Travelodge will provide a much-needed stop-over for visitors to the Business Centre.
To celebrate the opening, the Travelodge mobile bedroom will be touring the streets of Bedford. Local residents Hayley Culham and Paul Spinks will be living in the mobile bedroom during the day as it drives around the local area.
Hayley said: “ We’re both having lots of fun living in the glass box bedroom, It’s a comfortable way to tour our local area. We’ve received a fantastic response from local residents, everyone is waving to us and we feel like local celebrities!”
Fifteen local people have been recruited to help run Bedford Travelodge. Craig Whittle, Bedford Travelodge Manager, said: “We were overwhelmed by the response we received from local residents on the recruitment day held in September. We have recruited a fantastic team, who are very excited to be playing a major role in launching Bedford Travelodge.”
All Travelodge bedrooms offer a comfortable setting with a king size bed, en-suite bathroom with power shower, colour TV, free tea and coffee making facilities and an in-room entertainment system that offers pay on demand movie, telephone and Internet service. A breakfast bag service is available to all guests and can be delivered to their room between 7am to 9am; otherwise it can be purchased from reception at any time throughout the day. The breakfast bag contains fresh orange juice, cereal bar, muffin, fresh fruit and a takeaway tea/coffee.
- ends -
For further information please contact
Direct Line: 0121 521 6624, Mobile: 07736 089541
Notes to Editors:
· Travelodge has currently 250 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £25.00 per room, per night. (£25 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.