TRAVELODGE REVEALS HOW TO AVOID THE PERILS OF THE PARTY SEASON
6th Dec 2004
75% of us have 10 parties lined up over the Christmas party season and Travelodge research released today shows just how reckless Britain will be over the coming weeks.
Despite having to fork out for Christmas presents for our loved ones, this isn’t holding us back from treating ourselves: 53% of us have put over £200 aside for partying even though it’s the boss buying most of our drinks at work parties! At the extreme end 4% of the 4,000 respondents questioned think they will fork out over £600 just on partying, interestingly 90% of these high spenders were men.
Our control of money isn’t the only thing that goes out of the window over the party season. The research shows that you are not alone if you have got ready to party in the work loo, missed the last train home or paid over the odds for the cab home – all of which needn’t happen if you choose to stay in a Travelodge the UK’s fastest growing hotel brand.
These statistics may bring on your hangover a few days early:
· 26% of respondents have missed the last train or bus home leading to cab rides over £100 a time
· One in five questioned had fallen asleep and missed their stop on the train or bus on the way home
· Over 50% of respondents spend over £25 on their journey home
· One in four will get less than 4 hours sleep after their Christmas Party
· And one in two get ready in the work loo before their big night out
· The Midlands has the biggest party animals; with the highest proportion in the country attending more than 20 parties over the Christmas season
· Scottish are the least social and most thrifty with 79% of them going to less than 5 parties and the highest proportion spending less than £100 on partying
· Yorkshire has the biggest risk takers with 1 in 3 admitting to taking unlicensed cabs home
· Londoners are the most careless partiers with 68% of them missing the last train or falling asleep and missing their stop
With rooms starting at £25 per room per night, staying at a Travelodge can be a great alternative to getting a costly cab trip home and with 251 hotels across the country there’s bound to be one near your party. At Travelodge you only pay for the room and not the number of people that stay within the room so stay with a mate and halve the room rate!
Life Coach Fiona Harrold commented on the damage of excess partying,
“There is a big temptation to go wild at office parties. The pressure to have a good time can terrify even the most outwardly confident people, who often spend wildly on drinks to try to conceal their nerves.
“Planning and preparation is vital; changing for your party in the office loo will leave you feeling fraught and rushed. A spacious and relaxed environment, such as a Travelodge room, will help you prepare mentally and physically giving you a sense of self-assurance for the night ahead.”
“Make sure you also plan your exit strategy, worrying how to get home will otherwise plague you all night and you could end up making risky, alcohol-influenced decisions. Taking a well-planed attitude to your night out will set you up for a great night and give you enough energy for a repeat performance the next night!”
All Travelodge bedrooms offer a comfortable setting with a luxury king size bed, en-suite bathroom, power shower, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities. There is a choice of bedrooms – double, disabled and family, with the latter catering for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16. To book go online at www.travelodge.co.uk or you can telephone on 08700 850950.
· The Travelodge survey was conducted in November 2004 amongst 4000 respondents
· Travelodge room prices start from £25 per room, per night and £45 in central London (You only pay for the room and not the number of people that stay within the room) simply log on to www.travelodge.co.uk to make your booking
· Travelodge offers double, family and disabled rooms. A family caters for two adults and two children, both under 16 years. All rooms are en-suite, with luxury king size bed, a power shower, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities
· Travelodge currently has 251 locations throughout the UK
· Travelodge was the first UK low-cost hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985
· Travelodge offers an on-line booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850950.
For more information please contact Melissa Heyn 07748 983 657 or Jodie Turner 07734 537 942 at Shine on email@example.com / Jodie.firstname.lastname@example.org