RICHARD GOUGH, MANAGER OF LIVINGSTON FOOTBALL CLUB, OPENS TRAVELODGE LIVINGSTON - To Celebrate, Local Residents Are Invited To A Roadshow Where They Get The Chance To Win Shopping Breaks!
15th Dec 2004
Travelodge, the UK’s fastest growing low-cost hotel chain, is opening a 60-bedroom hotel in Livingston town centre on 17th December 2004. The new hotel opens just in time for local residents to be able to take advantage of room rates from just £25 for visiting friends and family over Christmas.
Richard Gough, Manager of Livingston Football Club, will officially open the hotel on Friday 17th December at 2pm.
On Saturday 18th December, Livingston Travelodge is holding a roadshow in conjunction with River FM. The Travelodge team will be in the car park of the Almondvale Shopping Centre between 12 noon and 4pm. All local residents need to do is listen to River FM for the competition questions and then get down to the shopping centre as quickly as possible with the answer. Prizes on offer are free night stays at any of Travelodge’s 257 hotels along with shopping vouchers for various stores as well as weekend breaks at Edinburgh Central Travelodge. The Travelodge team will also be handing out goody bags and Santa Claus will be visiting throughout the day!
Located on The Hub, Almondvale Crescent, the new hotel is just off the M8 motorway and has good links to both Glasgow and Edinburgh. In addition, it is situated on the Almond Boulevard retail park, which houses the McArthur Glen and Almondvale shopping centres and is close to Livingston football club, making it an ideal location for both business and leisure travellers.
Livingston Travelodge has created 12 jobs for local people. Debbie Husband, Livingston Travelodge Manager, commented: “ We have recruited a fantastic team who are very excited to be playing a major role in launching our new hotel. To mark the occasion we thought it would be great if local celebrity, Richard Gough, could come down to officially open the hotel. And the roadshow will be a great way for us to meet some of the local residents and get everyone in the festive spirit by giving away some early Christmas presents in the form of shopping breaks.”
All Travelodge bedrooms offer a comfortable setting with a king size bed, en-suite bathroom with power shower, colour TV, free tea and coffee making facilities and an in-room entertainment system that offers pay on demand movie, telephone and Internet service. A breakfast bag service is available to all guests and can be delivered to their room between 7am to 9am; otherwise it can be purchased from reception at any time throughout the day. The breakfast bag contains fresh orange juice, cereal bar, muffin, fresh fruit and a takeaway tea/coffee.
To book a room just call 08700 850 950 or visit www.travelodge.co.uk.
For further information, please contact:
Suzy Evans, Communications Executive
Direct line: 0121 521 6624, Mobile: 07736 089541
Notes to Editor:
· Travelodge room prices start from £25 per room, per night and £45 in central London
· Travelodge offers double, family and disabled rooms. A family room caters for two adults and two children, both under 16 years. All rooms are en-suite, with luxury king size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge currently has 257 locations throughout the UK, located within most major city
· All Travelodge bedrooms are being refreshed as part of a refurbishment programme, which will be completed by the end of the year.
· No matter where you stay with Travelodge you can expect great value and consistent standards of service and quality every time.
· Travelodge was the first UK low-cost hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985.