JOHN MACDOUGALL, LABOUR MP FOR CENTRAL FIFE, OPENS GLENROTHES TRAVELODGE - 2 Local Residents Live In The Travelodge Mobile Bedroom for A Week As It Tours The Streets Of Glenrothes! - Local School Children Help To Decorate The Travelodge And Perform A High
20th Dec 2004
On Monday 20th December at 2pm, John MacDougall, Labour MP for central Fife, officially opened the new 50-beroom Travelodge in Glenrothes. Located on the main road into the town, the hotel will provide a great value stop-over for all types of guests, business and leisure. It has opened just in time for local residents to take advantage of room rates from just £25 for visiting family and friends over the Christmas period.
To celebrate the opening, Travelodge’s mobile bedroom has been touring the streets of Glenrothes. Local residents Veronica Fergus and Jonathan McGrath will be living in the mobile bedroom for a week as it drives around the local area. Veronica said: “ We’re both having lots of fun living in the mobile glass box bedroom. It’s a comfortable way to tour our local area and we’ve received a fantastic response from local residents, everyone is waving to us and we feel like local celebrities!”
Glenrothes Travelodge has enlisted the help of children at Sunshine Nursery School to get the new hotel ready for Christmas. They have been working hard making decorations for the hotel’s reception area. Father Christmas made a surprise visit to the Travelodge on the 20th to award the child who has designed the best decoration with an early Christmas present – a weekend break at any of Travelodge’s 257 hotels.
Children from Pitteuchar East Primary School also attended the official opening and performed a celebratory highland dance to entertain guests, which included Janet Fairgrieve, President of the Chamber of Commerce and Mike Bitcon, Fife’s Fire Master.
15 local people have been recruited to help run the new hotel. Glenrothes Travelodge manager, Philip Tonner, said: “We’ve recruited a fantastic new team who are very excited to be playing a major part in launching Glenrothes Travelodge. The hotel is situated in a prime location for both leisure and business travellers, and with our high level of service and excellent value for money, we will provide a great value stopover for all types of guests and for local residents who have visiting family and friends - ideal for the Christmas holidays. “
All Travelodge bedrooms offer a comfortable setting with a king size bed, en-suite bathroom with power shower, colour TV, free tea and coffee making facilities and an in-room entertainment system that offers pay on demand movie, telephone and Internet service. A breakfast bag service is available to all guests and can be delivered to their room between 7am to 9am; otherwise it can be purchased from reception at any time throughout the day. The breakfast bag contains fresh orange juice, cereal bar, muffin, fresh fruit and a takeaway tea/coffee.
- ends -
For further information please contact
Direct Line: 0121 521 6624, Mobile: 07736 089541
Notes to Editors:
· Travelodge has currently 257 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £25.00 per room, per night. (£25 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.