TRAVELODGE APPOINTS DIRECTOR OF BRAND MARKETING
10th Jan 2005
Travelodge, the UK’s fastest growing low-cost hotel chain, has appointed Alistair Buckle to the position of Director of Brand Marketing. Alistair joins Travelodge from easyJet where he was Head of Marketing, responsible for strategy and implementation for the airline across Europe. Prior to his departure, he was responsible for transforming easyJet into a more customer focussed business with a new marketing strapline “come on, let’s fly”. His experience in the fiercely competitive low-cost airline sector is exactly what Travelodge is looking for as it embarks on its biggest ever expansion program in 2005 in an increasingly competitive market.
Alistair joined Travelodge on 4th January 2005 and heads up a team of 6 people, reporting directly to Guy Parsons, Sales and Marketing Director. He will be responsible for advertising, brand identity, website design, collateral and new product development. One of his main objectives will be to develop a new marketing strategy for Travelodge to ensure the brand consolidates its position as sector leader.
Alistair said: “I am really looking forward to this new challenge. I’ve joined Travelodge as it embarks on its biggest expansion program ever and I intend to see that Travelodge continues to lead the way in the budget hotel sector.”
Guy Parsons, Sales and Marketing Director at Travelodge, said: “We’re delighted to have attracted a leading marketer for this role. Alistair has vast experience of the travel industry and is well placed to help us drive our business forward with strong marketing ideas that will help us meet our ambitious targets for 2005.”
For further information, please contact:
Suzy Evans, Communications Executive
Tel: 0121 521 6624, Mobile: 07736 089541
Notes to Editors:
· Travelodge has currently 257 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £26 per room, per night. (£26 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.