TRAVELODGE APPOINTS DIRECTOR OF RESERVATIONS & DISTRIBUTION
10th Jan 2005
Travelodge, the UK’s fastest growing low-cost hotel chain, has appointed Bill Helsby to the position of Director of Reservations and Distribution. Bill joins Travelodge from Thistle Hotels where he was Reservations Services Director. His experience in customer contact centres is exactly what Travelodge is looking for as it embarks on its biggest ever expansion program in 2005, which will see reservation volumes increase dramatically.
Bill joined Travelodge on 4th January 2005 and is responsible for the award winning Travelodge Reservation Centre* in Dudley, which has over 250 staff. Reporting directly to Guy Parsons, Sales & Marketing Director, he looks after all distribution channels including internet, GDS (Global Distribution Systems) and voice. Bill’s main objective will be to make it as easy as possible for guests to book a Travelodge using existing distribution channels as well as looking into potential new distribution channels.
Regarding his appointment Bill said: “I am really excited to join one of the UK’s most well known hotel brands. 2005 is going to be an important year for Travelodge as it aims to open 2500 new rooms. I’m looking forward to some big challenges!”
Guy Parsons, Sales and Marketing Director at Travelodge, said: “We’re delighted that Bill is joining the Travelodge team. He has vast experience of managing call centres and is well placed to help us drive our business forward with strong initiatives that will help us meet our targets.”
*Travelodge Reservation Centre gained a Best Practice accreditation from CCA (Call Centre Association) - the highest stamp of approval in the field.
For further information, please contact:
Suzy Evans, Communications Executive
Tel: 0121 521 6624, Mobile: 07736 089541
Notes to Editors:
· Travelodge has currently 257 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £26 per room, per night. (£26 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.