BIRMINGHAM CALL CENTRE WINS AWARD FOR GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT
26th Jan 2005
The Travelodge Reservation Centre in Birmingham has won an award for being one of the UK’s best call centres to work in. Travelodge’s call centre was one of 11 runners up in the annual Datapoint competition to find and profile the best working environments within UK call centres.
Martin Hill-Wilson, marketing and strategy director at Datapoint, and Gillian Crabb, business development manager at Datapoint, will present the 270 strong team at the Travelodge Reservation Centre with a plaque along with some creates of wine to help them celebrate on Wednesday 26th January at 11am.
Over 35 call centres entered the competition, which was devised in 2003 by Datapoint’s CEO Sarah Faux. The aim of the competition is to raise the profile of UK call centres that maintain excellent working standards. The award was won for the Travelodge Reservation Centre by Jill Piazzalunga, workforce and planning assistant, who wrote a piece on her working environment.
Bill Helsby, Director of Reservations and Distribution at the Travelodge Reservation Centre, commented: “Our call centre was purpose built with staff involvement in every aspect of the design, from the décor right through to uniforms to ensure a friendly and open working environment. We know that there is a clear link between a positive working environment and motivated staff, so we endeavour to ensure that we provide excellent facilities and a great environment for staff to work in. Being a runner up in the prestigious Best Call Centre Environment Award 2004 indicates that we have got this right.”
In an industry first, the Travelodge Reservation Centre also has a Best Practice accreditation from CCA (Call Centre Association) - the highest stamp of approval in the field.
On average over 25,000 booking are made by the Travelodge Reservation Centre each week. It takes an average of 160 seconds to make a reservation. Bookings for Travelodge can be made by calling the Travelodge Reservation Centre on 08700 850 950.
For further information please contact:
Suzy Evans, Communications Executive
Tel: 0121 521 6624 Mob: 07736 089541
Notes to editor:
· Travelodge has currently 257 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £26 per room, per night. (£26 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.