TRAVELODGE OPENS IN INVERNESS FAIRWAYS - Local Residents Are Invited To A Street Party To Celebrate
2nd Feb 2005
Travelodge, the UK’s fastest growing budget hotel brand, will open its second hotel in Inverness on 11th February 2005. The 60-bedroom hotel, located at Castle Heather, will offer room rates from just £26 per night for either a double or family room.
To mark the opening, Travelodge staff are holding a party and are inviting local residents of all ages to come down to the hotel on Friday 11th February between 12 and 4pm. Entertainment will be provided in the form of a balloon modeller sculpting a giant Loch Ness Monster, a juggler, a clown and a treasure hunt. Partygoers will also be able to enjoy themselves on a bouncy castle or merry-go-round, have their face painted or learn how to juggle. Party food and drinks will be provided inside the hotel, where visitors can take the opportunity to have a look around.
Sandra Sim, Inverness Fairways Travelodge Manager, said: “Travelodge is very proud to be opening its second hotel in Inverness, it demonstrates just how successful we’ve been. To mark the occasion we thought a party would be a great way for us all to celebrate and we want as many local people as possible to come down and help us have some fun!”
For further information, please contact:
Suzy Evans, Communications Executive
Tel: 0121 521 6624 Mobile: 07736 089 541
Notes to editors
· Travelodge has currently 257 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £26 per room, per night. (£26 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.