Travelodge To Open Hotel In Tolworth Tower - company seeks 26 new staff
21st Jan 2005
Travelodge, the UK’s fastest growing low-cost hotel brand, is delighted to announce the imminent opening of a 120-bedroom hotel at Tolworth Tower, Kingston Upon Thames, creating 26 new jobs for local people.
Kingston Upon Thames is a prime area for both leisure and business travellers, and with its central location, high level of service and excellent value for money, the new Travelodge will provide a great value stopover for all types of guests whilst creating new jobs within the community.
With all job vacancies to be filled before its official opening in early April, Travelodge is inviting enthusiastic, motivated and committed people to come along to a Audition Day being held on Thursday 3rd February 2005 at the Kingston Upon Thames Job Centre, Eve House, Adams Court, Eden Street. Positions to be filled include:
4 Reception staff
2 Night duty reception staff
15 Guest room cleaners
5 Bar Café Staff
The Audition Day will start at 10am and finish around 6.30pm. Kingston Job Centre are working with Travelodge’s Area Manager for the Home Counties, Jeremy Fletcher, and Tolworth Tower Travelodge Manager, Mario Pienaar, to help recruit staff. Those with a keen interest in becoming part of the Travelodge team will be asked to fill in an application form and attend an informal interview on the day. Successful applicants will then be invited to a Travelodge induction evening.
Travelodge and Job Centre representatives will be on hand to answer questions and provide information to potential applicants.
Mario Pienaar, Tolworth Tower Travelodge Manager, said: " Being situated just off the A3, which is the main road into central London from the M25, means we are in an ideal location for both customers and staff. Travelodge offers a good range of employee benefits, and with a core part of our ethos being to ensure staff enjoy their work, we look forward to bringing the best team together to help us make Tolworth Tower Travelodge a great success."
For further information on Travelodge visit www.travelodge.co.uk.
- ends -
For further information please contact:
Direct Line: 0121 521 6624, Mobile: 07736 089541
Notes to Editors:
For general information on the Travelodge recruitment day, telephone 0208 250 2800
· Travelodge has currently has over 257 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK city centres.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £25.00 per room, per night. (£25 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online).
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first low-cost hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.