TRAVELODGE APPOINTS DIRECTOR OF SALES & FIELD MARKETING TO HEAD UP ITS NEW SALES TEAM
31st Jan 2005
Travelodge, the UK’s fastest growing budget hotel brand, has appointed Catriona Savage to the newly created position of director of sales and field marketing. She has a wealth of experience in the hotel industry, having previously worked for Hyatt Hotels and Resorts and most recently Marriott UK as head of corporate sales. Catriona’s experience will prove invaluable to Travelodge as it undertakes its biggest ever expansion program in 2005.
Catriona joined Travelodge on 7th February 2005. Reporting directly to Guy Parsons, sales and marketing director, she heads up a team of 12. She will be responsible for all business, leisure and agency sales and all field marketing to support existing hotels and new openings. Her main objectives will be to make sure the new team becomes established in the market place and to grow sales from all sectors.
Regarding her appointment, Catriona said: “I’m really excited to join the UK’s most recognised budget hotel brand. 2005 is going to be a huge year for Travelodge and I’m looking forward to the challenge of driving our business forward with strong sales and field marketing initiatives that will ensure we meet the ambitious targets set.”
Philip Stanley also joined Travelodge on 4th January 2005 as head of sales and business development. Previously he was at Premier Lodge where he was business development manager. He will report directly into Catriona.
In addition, Travelodge has recruited Gywn Jones as regional development manager for the south, Wolfgang Gold as regional development manager for the north, Duncan Osborn as business travel trade industry manager and Beverley Williams as leisure travel trade industry manager. They all joined Travelodge on 4th January 2005.
For further information, please contact:
Suzy Evans, Communications Executive
Tel: 0121 521 6624 Mobile: 07736 089541
Notes to editors:
· Travelodge has currently 258 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities, on all major motorways and ‘A’ roads.
· Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950.
· Competitively priced, Travelodge room rates start from just £26 per room, per night. (£26 room rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online)
· Travelodge offers double and family rooms (A family rooms caters for 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 16). All rooms are en-suite, with luxury King Size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
· Travelodge was the first budget brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
· In 2003 Compass Group plc, owners of Travelodge since 2000, sold the company to Permira Investment Fund Managers. Permira has ambitious plans for Travelodge and is confident that it has an exciting future as the UK’s leading hotel brand.