TRAVELODGE OPENS ITS DOORS AT TOLWORTH TOWER
6th Apr 2005
ROOMS FROM £26 PER NIGHT
Travelodge, the UK’s number one budget hotel brand, today opened a new hotel in Tolworth Tower, a well-known landmark within the borough of Kingston. The £3.5 million hotel has created 30 new positions and has 120 bedrooms and 3 conference rooms. Travelodge Tolworth Tower offers rooms from as little as £26 per night (This rate is only available online).
Guests have a choice of either a double or family room, each offering a comfortable setting with en-suite bathroom, luxury king size bed, in room entertainment which offers pay on demand movies, telephone and Internet services and free tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is provided for guests. The hotel also has a Bar Café that offers a full English breakfast -eat as much as you like menu at £6.50 per head, children under the age of ten years eat for free. Throughout the day and evening the Bar Café offers light meals and alcoholic beverages.
Stuart Spencer, Tolworth Tower Travelodge Manager, said “Tolworth Tower offers excellent accessibility by both public and private transport in being immediately adjacent to the A3 the principal route into London and on the A240 we are ideally situated for the business and leisure traveller. Furthermore we are only 20 minutes into central London and very close to big attractions such as Chessington World of Adventure, Hampton Court and Epsom racecourse. We will offer all guests a good night’s sleep at a low cost so that they can make the most of the day ahead whether it is for business or pleasure”.
Travelodge is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year and for the first time since the company began in 1985, Travelodge has developed a new modern brand identity which reflects the warm welcome and good night‘s sleep that Travelodge offers its customers. Tolworth Tower Travelodge is one of the first hotels to receive the new brand identity signage internally and externally.
Over the next six years Travelodge is planning to open 15,000 rooms and create over 4,500 new jobs. In 2005, Travelodge is opening a new hotel every ten days and has the biggest expansion programme in place within the UK budget hotel sector.
Travelodge is always on the look out for suitable development sites for new hotels and is interested in your recommendations. Please forward all suggestions to email@example.com
Attached is photograph of Tolworth Tower Travelodge and Zoe Shakespeare Head Receptionist checking in the first guest.
For further information please contact:
Direct Line:0121 521 6638
Mobile: 07802 702 499
Notes to Editor:
· Travelodge room rates start from just £26 per night and £46 Central London These rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online at www.travelodge.co.uk. Rooms can also be booked by calling 08700 850 950
· Car parking is available from 6pm to 9am at £5 per night
· The latest BDRC British Hotel Guest Survey (February 2005) named Travelodge as the joint number one hotel brand in the UK* and the number one budget brand. Travelodge was also named as “The Most Improved Budget Brand”.
- Travelodge now secures 50% of its bookings through its website and plans to grow this to 65% in 2005.
- Travelodge was the first budget hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985 and this year celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Over six million people stay with Travelodge every year.
- Travelodge has currently 260 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities.