TRAVELODGE LAUNCHES MANAGEMENT IDOL
27th Apr 2005
The search is on to fulfil 100 management positions throughout the UK
Closing date for applications 13th May 2005
Auditions to take place nationwide in May / June 2005
To apply send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Today, Travelodge, the UK's number one budget hotel brand*, launches Management Idol a talent contest to find 100 people to fulfil Cluster and Hotel Management positions throughout the UK. Travelodge is one of the fastest growing hotel companies in the country and is opening a new hotel every ten days in 2005.
Travelodge is seeking individuals countrywide, who have experience in the hospitality, retail or the catering industry. They must also have a flair for great customer service, a passion for working with people and strong leadership skills. Cluster Managers will have overall responsibility for a number of hotels within an area while Hotel Managers will have responsibility for the day-to-day running of their hotel.
Angus Stewart, Travelodge HR Director, said, "Management Idol provides the perfect channel to seek the great talent that is undiscovered throughout the UK. With our aggressive expansion programme in place we are opening a new hotel every ten days throughout the country and we have to find the right stars to help run them.
"We are offering applicants a fantastic opportunity to start a new career and life in a location of their choice. For example, an applicant from Scotland can apply for a position in central London."
Travelodge offers an excellent range of employee benefits (A relocation package will be offered for the Cluster Manager position) and all successful applicants with go through a comprehensive training programme and will be supported to advance their career ambitions at Travelodge.
To qualify for an audition place, applicants have to send their CV and a covering letter stating which area of the country they would like to work in, salary expectations and which role they are applying for to:email@example.com or write to Nicola Richardson, HR Department, Travelodge Head office, Oxford House, Oxford Road, Thame, OX9 2AH - Telephone 0121 521 6650.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a nationwide audition during May and June 2005 close to their home address. Auditions will involve one to one interviews and assessment workshops.
For Further information please contact:
Travelodge PR Manager
Direct Line: 0121 521 6638
Mobile: 07802 702 499
Notes to Editor:
* *The latest BDRC British Hotel Guest Survey (February 2005) named Travelodge as the joint number one hotel brand in the UK* and the number one budget brand. Travelodge was also named as "The Most Improved Budget Brand".
* Travelodge room rates start from just £26 per night and £46 Central London These rates are subject to availability and can only be booked online
* Travelodge now secures 50% of its bookings through its website and plans to grow this to 65% in 2005.
* Travelodge was the first budget hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985 and this year celebrates its 20th anniversary
* Over six million people stay with Travelodge every year.
* Travelodge has currently 260 locations throughout the UK. These are conveniently located in most major UK cities.
* Travelodge offers an online booking service at www.travelodge.co.uk and also via telephone on 08700 850 950