TRAVELODGE REINFORCES CONSUMER CHAMPION TITLE WITH NEW ONLINE SERVICE
9th Jun 2005
- Travelodge is first to introduce online deal search facility and criticises rest of industry for lack of action -
Travelodge, the UK's number one budget hotel brand, today unveils a innovative search facility on its website that singles out the organisation as a true consumer champion given its efforts to improve transparency regarding deal availability. As a result, Travelodge is the only organisation in the travel and hospitality sector to offer such an informative service to consumers.
Every week, "amazing travel deals" take the headlines, for example a budget airline offering flights for 99p. However, when you look online it's a time-consuming challenge to find the bargain originally publicised for the date you want and the price you expect. The new Travelodge online search facility - the '£26 button' - means customers can easily locate Travelodge's great £26 room rates by following a few simple steps online regarding when and where they would like to stay. A list of Travelodge hotels with rooms available at £26 (£46 for rooms in central London) will quickly appear in order of the closest to the desired location and date of availability.
Grant Hearn, CEO, Travelodge commented; "All players in our industry run the risk of generating serious consumer cynicism by not being up front about offers and services. They simply aren't acting in their customers' interests. In truth, we developed this system because the biggest grumble we had from our customers was that it wasn't always easy to locate our £26 or £46 rates. The £26 button now makes it very easy to find a hotel room at that price and it's yet another reason for customers to make the smart choice and book Travelodge. No other company offers such transparency in their dealings and we're delighted to take the lead in such an important initiative with the launch of the industry's first true bargain-hunter search tool."
To book yourself a £26 room (£46 in Central London) with Travelodge, log onto www.travelodge.co.uk, click on the 'find a £26 room' button and follow the simple steps to find a hotel.
* Travelodge offers rooms in hotels outside London from £26 when booked in advance online at travelodge.co.uk (rooms start from £46 in Central London).
- Ends -
Note to Editors:
* Travelodge worked with Sense Internet to develop the specialised search facility, redesign and new website functionality (see below)
* The Travelodge website was re-designed in line with the new Travelodge brand identity and features significant developments in search and booking functionality. This includes a new shopping basket, which reduced booking time by 25% and increased sales by 20%
* 50,000 £26 and £46 rooms are available from 9 June to 3 August 2005. £26 and £46 rates may not be available at every hotel every night. £26/£46 rates are non-commissionable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount scheme. All bookings must be prepaid and are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be amended. Bookings can only be made online and 24 hours in advance.
* Travelodge currently has 268 locations throughout the UK including most city centres.
* Travelodge offers comfortable, warm and welcoming double, family and accessible rooms. A family room caters for two adults and two children, both under 16 years. All rooms are en-suite, with luxury king size beds, colour TV, internet access ** (at additional cost) and free tea and coffee making facilities.
* Travelodge was the first UK budget hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985.
* The latest BDRC British Hotel Guest Survey (February 2005) named Travelodge as the joint number one hotel brand in the UK and the number one budget brand. Travelodge was also named as "The Most Improved Budget Brand".
Book online at travelodge.co.uk to reserve a room starting from £26 (£46 in Central London). Be sure to book early to get the best possible deal. The next best rate is available online or via the award-winning Travelodge Reservation Centre on 08700 850 950.
** Internet Access available at most hotels - customers should confirm at the time of booking