TRAVELODGE BACKS LONDON'S 2012 OLYMPIC BID WITH PRICE COMMITMENT
30th Jun 2005
Travelodge, the UK's number one budget hotel brand*, has formally announced its support for the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012 with a commitment on room prices at the Travelodge hotels in and around London and Olympic sites.
As the country awaits the result of the IOC vote on the 6th July from Singapore, the provision of accommodation to tourists and sporting enthusiasts will play an important part in the decision. As well as a boost to national prestige, the winning candidate city will enjoy a multi-billion pound construction spree, attract tens of thousands of tourists and be the focus of global attention for 17 days in August 2012.
With visitors from the UK and further a field looking for great value accommodation in convenient central locations, Travelodge will guarantee prices on affordable rooms located near and around the Olympic Village and stadiums. These rooms are in what will be some of the most sought after locations for the Olympic Games, including Docklands, Canary Wharf and London E14.
With currently 12 hotels in the London area, Travelodge is planning to add a further 15,000 rooms to the estate over the next six years - 2,500 of which will be added in 2005 - a fact which demonstrates the company's commitment to delivering good value accommodation that meets the needs of all travellers in and to the UK. With today's Travelodge hotel rooms available from just £26 (£46 in central London) when you book in advance online, Travelodge has already built a strong reputation as the UK's best leisure hotel brand.
Guy Parsons, Travelodge Sales & Marketing Director, comments on the initiative: "There are few things which can truly generate passion and the prospect of hosting the Olympics in London is an opportunity that we will probably only see once in our lifetime. Travelodge is giving its full support to the bid by doing what it does best - providing clean, comfortable and, most importantly, great value rooms throughout the 17 day period. We're offering visitors a real alternative to the often over-priced 4* and 5* hotels - staying with Travelodge will give guests a lot more in their wallet to get even more out of their trip to London and the games."
For more information, please contact:
Travelodge PR Manager
Direct Line: 0121 521 6624
Note to Editors:
* The latest BDRC British Hotel Guest Survey (February 2005) named Travelodge as the number one leisure hotel brand in the UK, the number one budget hotel brand and joint number one overall hotel brand in the UK (with Hilton)
- Travelodge offers double, family and disabled access rooms. A family room caters for two adults and two children, both under 16 years. All rooms are en-suite, with luxury king size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities
- Some Travelodge hotels have on-site licensed Bar Cafés, offering a full range of drinks, tasty snacks and evening meals. All Travelodge hotels have vending facilities for snacks and drinks and those without restaurants can still provide breakfast and evening meal options.
- Travelodge currently has 269 locations throughout the UK with a large proportion based in major city centres, near attractions and airports.
- Travelodge was the first UK budget hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985