TRAVELODGE DRIVES MARKETING ECO-FRIENDLY
8th Aug 2005
Travelodge, the UK's number one budget hotel brand, has acquired a fleet of the hottest eco-friendly hybrid cars to help promote its new hotel openings throughout the UK. The new Toyota Prius cars will replace the existing fleet of Smart cars that have been in operation for the last 12 months.
Guy Parsons, Travelodge Sales and Marketing Director said; "We are a budget operator and constantly working at opportunities to promote our brand messages in low cost ways. The new hybrid car gives us the opportunity to go the extra mile in delivering targeted messages throughout the UK at a low cost, whilst helping to protect our environment. It's a win, win, win action solution".
Hybrid cars cleverly combine petrol power with an electric motor. The engine charges the battery during deceleration and heavy breaking. This new generation of hybrid cars have been designed to be practical whilst incorporating low running costs. They are also ideal for central London as they are exempt from the congestion charge.
The 1.5-litre VVT-i Prius cars have been re-branded in Travelodge's new brand identity and will be driven by hotel managers throughout the UK to promote the latest hotel opening in their area. In between new hotel openings, the cars will be used in central London to promote the Travelodge low-cost room rate price message - rooms from £26 and £46 in central London.
Travelodge is planning to open a further 20 hotels from now to the end of 2005 in major city centres and airport locations such as Manchester Airport, London City Airport, Preston, Dundee, Norwich and Nottingham. The cars will be used to support other local marketing activity.
Images of the new Travelodge Marketing Cars also available.
For further information please contact:
PR & Communications Manager
Direct Line: 0121 521 6638
Mobile: 07802 702 499
Note to Editors:
* Travelodge was the first budget hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985. It currently has 274 hotels within the UK, with the majority in city centres, near attractions and airports
* The latest BDRC British Hotel Guest Survey (February 2005) named Travelodge as the joint number one hotel brand in the UK (with Hilton) and the number one budget brand.
* Travelodge offers double, family and disabled access rooms. A family room caters for two adults and two children, both under 16 years. All rooms are en-suite, with luxury king size beds, colour TV and free tea and coffee making facilities.
* Book online at travelodge.co.uk to book a low-cost room from £26 (£46 in central London).
* Travelodge has also launched a revolutionary search tool facility on its website which provides clarity on identifying all available rooms within the UK at the low-cost rates of £26 and £46. This new search service will allow customers to find all Travelodge hotels that have a £26 / £46 room rate at a glance. If their preferred hotel is not available at this particular rate at the time they would like to travel, up to twenty of the next nearest hotel options will be provided at the same rate.