Travelodge Hotels Ltd. understands that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data and we value your trust in allowing us to do this in a careful and sensible manner.
Collection of data and use of your personal information
We collect your data and personal information in the following ways:
- On our website when you make or manage a booking; register or alter your details for 'My Travelodge'; use the 'Contact us' forms for an enquiry; request a brochure; apply for a vacancy in 'Careers'; enquire about or apply for a Corporate Account or Business Account card.
- In our Customer Services department from your correspondence.
- By telephone when speaking to a call centre agent.
- In hotels when you register at reception.
We use your data and personal information in the following ways:
- To continually improve your customer experience. We use the information to process bookings and payments, communicate with you about bookings, products, services and promotional offers, update our records, create and maintain your 'My Travelodge' account(s) and recommend products and services that might be of interest to you. We may also contact you to ask about your experience using our hotels and services as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement.
- To improve our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- To provide you with requested information or correspondence, such as a Travelodge Directory or a response from us to an enquiry made by you.
- To send you details of your new, amended or cancelled booking or 'My Travelodge' account details - usually via email
- With your permission, your contact details may be used to supply information to you by telephone, email or post, about our company. and to send you occasional promotional material, such as information about special offers which we think you might find valuable. If you do not agree to receive this information, you may opt out from receiving future information at any time; see the opt out section of this policy.
- We may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This ensures that the quality of data we have on your account(s) is maintained properly.
- We offer our customers the ability to save payment cards within their MyTravelodge account so that, upon making future bookings, they have the convenient option of selecting a previously saved card in order to pay. This information is only used/accessed when the customer uses their saved card to pay for a booking.
Non disclosure to third parties
The information and data we collect is important for Travelodge and we would not want to share this anyone else. Unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes.
Credit or debit card data is never viewed or disclosed to anyone, ever.
You can usually change your browser's settings so that it will not accept cookies, although this may restrict some website functionality. You may also manage the cookies on your browser using the security or privacy settings. Usually the browser help function will provide you with instructions on how to manage your settings. Removing cookies is something that can be done at any time but unless permanently disallowed they will be re-applied next time you visit the website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that you will need to manage each browser on each device that you access the internet with separately.
|Cookie and tag types||Examples||Purpose|
|Functional||Travelodge consent cookie||Indicates if you have been asked for consent for the Travelodge website to use marketing cookies on your browser|
|Session ID||Allows the basket function to work on the site and is automatically removed once you leave the website|
|Cookiekey||Allows the ‘remember me’ function (if set) to automatically log you in to My Travelodge when you return to the website.|
|Statistical||Google Analytics||Records (anonymous) statistical information about usage of the Travelodge websites for performance monitoring and to drive insight into areas for improvement|
|Maxymiser||Travelodge uses Maxymiser to test new content on our site to improve performance. The cookie is set if you visit a page that has is being optimised and is used to recognise you and serve you the most relevant content when you return to the site.|
|Silverpop||Silverpop track any interaction and conversion that comes as a result of clicking on a link in a Travelodge promotional email using cookies.|
|Affiliate Window||As part of our affiliate programme these cookies and tags are used to track and store information if you click on an affiliate window link on a third party website, banner, advertisement or email. They also track conversion and information about the referring site and time of the click.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
Security of your information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. This is to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. For additional peace of mind, credit card details are not recorded on the Travelodge site when booking a room. Please see our Site Security policy for more information.
Opt out / Data quality / Access
We will always ask your permission before sending you electronic marketing information. This ensures you only receive information that you have given us permission to send and are willing to receive.
It is possible, if you have given us your permission to receive a type of electronic marketing communication, to alter your contact preferences at any time. You can do this by:
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and (if you have made a booking with us) a confirmation number.
- If you are registered for My Travelodge, you can log on to the website and alter your contact preferences in the Edit my contact details section of the website.
- On promotional emails we always provide a link at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe you from that service.
Please note it is not possible to 'opt-out' of receiving communication from us which relate to your bookings. This ensures we can always contact you in the event of a circumstance that affects your stay with us.
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as the Mail Preference Service, and add it to our account information. This ensures that the quality of data we have on your account(s) is maintained properly.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998), the controller of all information collected on this website is:
Travelodge Hotels Ltd. Data Controller
If you wish to view, delete or amend any of the information we hold on you, this can be done by contacting us in writing at the address provided above. We will not charge for amending or deleting personal information, but may charge for viewing information held on you as specified in the Data Protection Act (1998).
Travelodge Hotels Ltd., Sleepy Hollow, Aylesbury Road, Thame, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, OX9 3AT. Company Reg. 769170.