Today, Travelodge, one of the UK’s biggest independent hotel chains, has revealed the most bizarre requests that some of its 18 million customers have asked whilst staying in one of its 523 UK hotels during the last 12 months.
The Travelodge hotel teams across the length and breadth of the UK receive thousands of strange requests every year and the oddities range from:
· Can you get me a Unicorn to carry my wedding proposal and engagement ring to my girlfriend
· Can you get a white stallion horse to take me to my wedding ceremony?
· Where can I find a good Liverpool tart?
· What kind of cheddar cheese is the Cheddar Gorge made from?
· Can you move my room to the roof so I can sleep under the stars?
· Do I need a passport to go to Scotland?
· Can you get Kobe beef for my pet Pomimo called Cleopatra?
· What time do the Dinosaurs come out at the Jurassic Coast?
· Can you give me directions to Peter Rabbit’s burrow?
· Can you arrange for me to be woken up by the sound of bagpipes?
During the last 12 months, Travelodge has seen a significant growth in more business customers staying at its hotels and detailed below are examples of some of the requests that Travelodge hotel teams have received from its business customers.
· Does your Bank Travelodge have a helipad as my boss is flying into London late tonight and want to be dropped off at the hotel?
· Can you do my VAT returns?
· Can you tweet on my behalf whilst I attend a strategy day
· Can you read the stock market trading figures out to me whilst I eat breakfast?
· Can you take me out for a run this morning and work out with me before my big meeting
· Can you purchase my wife’s birthday present and wrap it up?
· Can you hold a brainstorm with my team whilst I take a conference call and present back the best ideas
· Can you help translate a presentation into Spanish?
· Can you be my personal shopper for the day?
· Can you ensure there is a blue sky today as I have an important planning meeting
Shakila Ahmed, Travelodge Spokeswoman said: “With over 18 million customers staying annually across our 523 UK Travelodge hotels, our hotel teams receive thousands of unusual requests from business and leisure travellers. Where possible, the hotels teams go above and beyond to help customers however, there are some requests that they cannot help with. Such as, finding a Unicorn to help one romantic with his wedding proposal, ensuring there is a blue sky on the day of an important strategy meeting for an executive and moving a Travelodge room to the roof of the hotel so that the customer could sleep under the stars.
In addition to the examples already listed a customer staying at Portishead Travelodge asked the Hotel Manager “What kind of cheddar cheese is the Cheddar Gorge made from?”
A receptionist at Liverpool Central Travelodge was asked by a customer wanting to sample the local cuisine “Where can I find a good Liverpool tart?” before he set off in search of the lemon treat. And a tourist in Edinburgh asked a team member, “Where can I find the Queen on the Royal Mile?”
Listed below are details of the most bizarre requests asked at Travelodge hotels throughout the last 12 months.
I would like to propose to my girlfriend can you arrange for a unicorn to carry the wedding proposal and engagement ring to my girlfriend?
What time is the tooth fairy visiting the hotel tonight?
Does your Bank Travelodge have a helipad as my boss is flying in late tonight and wants to come straight to the hotel?
Can you get me a white stallion horse to take me to my wedding ceremony?
Can you arrange for a full moon to be outside of my window tonight as I have a good night sleep when I can see the moon?
Can you stop the seagulls from singing?
Brighton seafront Travelodge
What kind of cheddar cheese is the Cheddar Gorge made from?
Can you move my room to the roof as I want to sleep under the stars?
Can you get Kobe beef for my pet Pomimo called Cleopatra?
What time do the dinosaurs come out at Jurassic Coast?
Can you give me directions to Peter Rabbit’s burrow?
Can you turn my bed into a fort using pillows?
What time does Big Ben chime?
London Covent Garden
Can you do my VAT returns?
Can you be my personal shopper for the day?
Can you be my translator on an important phone call from China?
Where can I find a good Liverpool tart?
Can you prop my bed with philosophy books like my bed at home so that I can feel at home?
Can you take me out for a run this morning and work out with me before my big meeting?
Can you create a Christmas grotto in my room (in July) – it’s a surprise for my wife’s birthday as she will be away for Christmas, she is in the navy?
Where can I find the Queen on the Royal Mile?
Edinburgh Princes Street
Where are the limes at Lime street station?
Liverpool Exchange Street
Do I need a passport to go to Scotland?
Can you arrange for me to be woken up to the sound of bagpipes?
Where is the zebra crossing on the M25?
Can I have a circular quilt?
Can you read the stock market trading figures out to me whilst I eat breakfast?
Can you purchase my wife’s birthday present whilst I attend an important work meeting and wrap it up and deliver to her room before she wakes up?
Will I be able to hear the bull from my room?
Can you hold a brainstorm with my team whilst I take a conference call and present back the best ideas?
Cardiff Atlantic Wharf
Can you move my room to the beach as I love to hear the sound of the sea?
Blackpool South Shore
Where do I get my pass to go through the Black Mountain?
For further information, please contact:
The Travelodge Press Office
T: 01844 358 703