Travelodge has released over 700,000 rooms for £28.99 to help you beat the winter blues
Kick start 2020 with a Wintercation!
After the excitement of the festive season, kick starting the New Year can be a challenge. Your waistband feels tighter, your wallet feels lighter and the days to spring seem less brighter! However the start to 2020 doesn’t need to be gloom and doom as the UK’s first budget hotel brand, Travelodge, has today released over 700,000 rooms across its 570 UK hotels to help you beat the winter blues.
Exploring Great Britain in winter can be very magical! Just wrap up warm and venture on frosty rambles on river banks, through forests and into Britain’s dramatic and atmospheric winter landscapes. It’s the ideal setting to blow away the cobwebs, recharge and kick start 2020 with a bang!
To book your £28.99 Travelodge room, visit www.travelodge.co.uk
For a family room that works out at just £7.24 per person which is cheaper than a trip to a cinema and a lot more memorable.
Alternatively why not plan ahead and whisk your partner away for a romantic Valentines break.
Detailed below are Travelodge’s top seven recommendations for the UK’s most enchanting places to visit this winter
• The sprawling Dartmoor National Park is spectacular all year round, but feels extra special in the winter. Wild ponies roam on the much quieter moor while bracing walks on frosty paths end by roaring fires in remote pubs.
• The Lake District is very magical during the winter months; enjoy the undisturbed wilderness of the hills and lakes in the peaceful and quieter season. The most popular spots include: Lake Windermere, Coniston Water, Derwentwater and Ullswater – each lake is surrounded by a variety of walks.
• The Pembrokeshire Coast national park hugs the shoreline for nearly 200 miles and winter is the one of the best times to walk the coast path. There is so much drama to view, looking down from 150-foot cliffs and watching the sea crashing into the rocks below. Plus you can explore the beautiful seaside towns and sandy beaches.
• Devon is very magical during winter. Take a trip to Exmoor and be blown away by the panoramic countryside views and picturesque beauty. There are plenty of warm and welcoming country pubs to stop off along the way for a hearty lunch or hot drink.
• The Brecon Beacons, just an hour away from Cardiff is a true winter wonderland. This national park offers a range of crisp winter walks with beautiful scenery to admire. Bordering the Beacons is the beautiful Wye Valley which is well worth visiting along with Abergavenny, the historic market town sheltered by the breath-taking scenery of the Black Mountains.
• The Yorkshire Dales is the ideal winter wonderland setting with more than 2,000 square kilometers of pure exploration and discovery. There are also many towns and villages set within the Dales that you can explore. Must see places include: Aysgarth Falls, which is especially exciting in winter due to higher water levels, the iconic Ribblehead Viaduct and Malham Cove.
• Why not take a road trip around the Scottish Highlands up the east coast to Aberdeen, then across to Inverness. You can even easily access Skye as it is connected to the mainland by a bridge. The west coast is particularly pretty too, with Fort William, Glen Coe and Oban being popular stops all year long.
With 570 Travelodge hotels dotted across the length and breadth of the UK, you are bound to find one close to where you need to be. All Travelodge family rooms offer a luxurious king size Travelodge Dreamer bed and two individual beds for the children. Also the room features: an en-suite bathroom, Freeview TV, free tea & coffee and Wifi. Over 200, Travelodge hotels feature on-site restaurants called the Bar Café which offer a great value dinner, breakfast and bar menu including a children’s menu which is just £6.25 for a three course meal and a drink. The Travelodge unlimited breakfast is great value at just £8.75 per person and for each paying guest a child under the age of 15 eats for free.
For further information please contact:
The Travelodge Press Office at 01844 35 8703 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All rates are subject to availability and recommend to book early to avoid disappointment.
View our full terms & conditions at www.travelodge.co.uk/about/terms-conditions/.
Prices are subject to change and availability.
Stay dates are from 1st December 2019 till 31st March 2020