Today in a UK first, budget hotel chain Travelodge have launched a special ‘Wonderful Christmas’ themed room in York for customers to enjoy over the festive period.
Our new festive themed ho-ho-hotel room is located at the newly opened York Monks Cross hotel and is available to book until Sunday 6th January 2019. Along with a budget friendly price, the Christmas room also comes packed full of seasonal features including: A Christmas scene feature mural with Father Christmas and Rudolph.
- A stylish 6ft high pine Christmas tree
- Christmassy red and white bedding
- A snow carpet
- Festive pre-lit garlands creating a magical setting
- Red blackout curtains
- Stacks of decorative Christmas presents
- Complementary hot chocolate and mince pies
- Bedside power/charging points perfect for powering back up after those Santa selfies
The launch follows research by Travelodge into what makes people feel Christmassy. The results spoke volumes with a massive 83% of people saying they love Christmas, with 63% saying that the key feature that makes them feel festive is a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. Over half of those asked said that a room clad with Christmas decorations and lights made them festive, while 52% said that seeing a stack of presents piled high gets them in the seasonal spirit.