The ultimate guide to London’s heated terrace bars
The UK is no stranger to a chilly night out.
But with London filled with quirky alfresco terrace bars to choose from, stay snug on your next night out this season with a full pint, toasty heaters and plenty of cosy blankets to go around. Check out our top picks for the best heated terrace bars in London with our ultimate guide!
1. Willows On The Roof – We’ll bet you’ve never uncovered this hidden London terrace bar. You’ll find Willows On the Roof on Europe’s busiest shopping street! This hidden sanctuary and terrace bar treats guests to glorious, panoramic views of Central London. Serving up a splendid menu of cocktails and mocktails, Willows also boasts its private igloos for an unforgettable night out.
2. The Lucky Club – As one of Camden’s favourite drinking spots, The Lucky Club terrace offers endless fun. From 2-4-1 Happy Hours to Bottomless Fondue nights, the winter season also brings an enchanting makeover to The Lucky Club. Discover a magical Après Ski-themed paradise featuring cosy faux fur blankets, sparkling festive lights and even a ski gondola!
3. Aqua Spirit – Catching up with friends or enjoying Friday-night drinks with colleagues? The Aqua Spirit London rooftop bar is a great choice for taking in London’s skyline while enjoying a cocktail (or three!). With regular DJ sets, discover an array of Japanese-inspired dishes to perfectly pair with your favourite cocktail choice.
4. Roof Garden at Pantechnicon – Ready to serve you an array of enticing cocktails on their glorious heated rooftop terrace, the Roof Garden at Pantechnicon is perfect for settling in for a long night. Don’t hang around, reservations go quickly!
5. Queen of Hoxton – Queen of Hoxton arguably boasted the most immersive winter terrace bar in London. With magical seasonal decor and a BBQ kitchen, the venue is transformed throughout winter into the perfect winter rooftop bar. Expect snug fire pits, a giant wigwam, yummy s’more and cosy winter-warmers. Our recommendation? The Hot Buttered Rum or the Bramble Mulled Wine.
6. Pergola on the Wharf – Botanical paradise meets London’s distinguished business district. Pergola on the Wharf is a flavour-focused dining experience serving up refreshing beverages and delectable dishes – all sourced locally! With a 200-capacity terrace, Pergola on the Wharf has not one but two bars serving a great choice of beers, wines, mocktails, cocktails and more. There’s something for everyone!
7. Madison – You simply won’t find a better view of St. Paul’s Cathedral anywhere else in London! With influences from the eclectic Manhattan dining scene, Madison offers superior views of St. Paul’s and the City of London skyline from its outstanding heated rooftop bar. So sit back, get cosy and enjoy the view with a classic or signature cocktail menu.
8. London Bridge Rooftop – Renowned for being one of the best rooftops in London, the aptly named London Bridge Rooftop combines lovely prepared cocktails with stunning views of London’s Southwark. And if you’re an Aperol fan, be sure to check out this lively East London spot on Sundays… From 12 till 3pm, Aperol Spritz’s are £6!
9. The Prince – Located in the heart of West London, The Prince is a bubbly beer garden terrace that combines a friendly pub atmosphere with picturesque floral decor and, of course, a menu of enticing cocktails, beers, wines and spirits. Live entertainment is a staple in The Prince, so expect DJs and even addictive Famous First Words karaoke nights.
10. Pergola Paddington – Discover Pergola’s original open-plan terrace bar experience in West London. Described as one of the best rooftop bars in London, Pergola Paddington has an array of themed transformations throughout the year, including the iconic Oktober festival celebration. Pergola Paddington has become the go-to for groups, big or small, looking for a night filled with cheer and charm!
11. The Hawk’s Nest – Pizza and cocktails, a dog-friendly terrace, weekly quiz nights and live music. The Hawk’s Nest has it all! This West London neighbourhood hangout is proud to serve mouthwatering sourdough Pizzas alongside freshly prepared cocktails, wine, beer and spirits. Dropping by on a Tuesday night? Don’t miss the chance to win a £150 bar tab at their weekly quiz night.
12. The Ship – All aboard alfresco dining enthusiasts! The Ship riverside terrace bar is perfect for admiring London’s skyline and staying cosy while enjoying a cheeky cocktail. Whether you’re popping by for a scrumptious brunch, a hearty meal or just a pint, The Ship’s toasty terrace bar on the Thames has you sorted for a snug night.
13. NT Loft – Jazz and all-round music lovers, you need to add this terrace bar to your London bucket list. Situated in the heart of Hackney, Night Tales Loft’s quirky New York-style space boasts regular music sets, a spectacular outdoor heated terrace and 180-degree views of London. And we can’t forget to mention their signature beverage menu. The Loft Rum Punch and exclusive TRIP CBD cans are a must-try.
14. Two Tribes Brewery & Campfire Taproom – This unique Kings Cross venue celebrates all things beer, fire-cooked eats and exciting emerging talent from London’s music scene. The Campfire Taproom’s outdoor terrace is a sensory experience throughout all seasons. With intimate corners for smaller groups or the fully heated open balcony perfect for groups of 30+ people, this space is perfect for any occasion.
15. The Faltering Fullback – This Irish pub has by far the most distinct and creative terrace garden on this list. The Faltering Fullback, a hidden gem west of Finsbury Park, lovingly maintains a traditional pub atmosphere with its own secret, multi-tiered terrace garden. Discover intimate dining spots dotted throughout, perfect for a relaxed date night away from the city.
16. Dalston Roofpark – Sshhhhh! This has to be Dalston’s best-kept secret… The Dalston Roofpark is a terraced oasis overlooking the hustle and bustle of the capital. No matter what you’re in the mood for, the Dalston Roofpark has you covered with hearty soul food, endless glasses of bubbles and great vibes that will have you dancing in no time!
17. Vagabond – Uncover a gorgeous hidden terrace space, delicious seasonal small plates and infinite wine recommendations at Vagabond in Battersea. With its tranquil terrace, which can be covered for a cosy winter evening or opened for cocktail sipping in the sunshine, the Vagabond team are more than happy to chat and guide you through their wide assortment of wines.
18. Skylight Peckham – Looking for an urban rooftop hangout that can handle whatever the weather brings? Skylight Peckham offers the perfect combination of locally sourced cuisine, creative cocktails and alfresco dining, ideal for a summer and even winter night out. Best of all, Skylight Peckham even pairs its stunning views and exquisite cocktails with calming acoustic music every Thursday evening.
19. Lost in Brixton – Discover a botanical paradise in South London and get ready to truly get ‘Lost in Brixton’. This large, floral terrace bar in the heart of Brixton has become a firm favourite for locals and tourists alike. Filled with music, cocktails and good times, Lost in Brixton has regular Happy Hours, soulful DJ sets, and Bottomless Brunch served all weekend!
20. Bussey Rooftop Bar – Another Peckham must-visit! The Bussey Rooftop Bar is a tropical oasis filled with pizza, burgers, cocktails, mocktails, beers and ciders. Yum! As the highest drinking spot in the neighbourhood, the Bussey Rooftop Bar is open rain or shine, with their iconic covered terrace bar offering unrivalled views of the capital’s skyline.